In yesterday's feature, I write about I write about the 5 Key pieces you need for a stylish autumn wardrobe and why- Which is a response to a common question I get asked. I was restricted to 5 items in the article, so expanded on that in this post...
Q: What would you say are top style essentials for an autumn wardrobe?
Autumn is the perfect time and excuse to take stock of your wardrobe, declutter in preparation for both autumn and winter and then figure out exactly what the missing pieces are. Those all important autumn style essentials that will make getting dressed effortless this season.
When it comes to putting autumn outfits together, autumn weather provides something most seasons don’t. The flexibility to wear a wider range of outfits and accessories. You can still bare your ankles for example or wear a warm knitted top instead of a full coat.
Out of all the things stylish women have in their autumn wardrobes, I have boiled it down to 10 pieces. Here’s my lowdown of the 10 autumn style essentials you’ll ever need…
1. A Fitted Blazer- Even if you aren’t a blazer type of girl, get one. They are extremly versatile, and you never know when you’ll need to look more polished! Opt for a textured blazer for even more versatility.
2. A Go to Cami Top- A cami top is a versatile piece that can be dressed up with a work blazer and tucked into smart trousers for an office look, worn with jeans and a textured blazer for a day time smart casual look or worn with leather leggings and heels for a chic night time look.
3. A Ribbed Top- Again, a versatile piece that can be worn with a skirt or smart trousers to create a balanced smart casual look perfect for casual work days or weekend days out. Opt for a neutral colour such as navy or a berry shade such as burgundy.
4. A Poncho- A quick cover up that can make you look effortlessly stylish. Wear with a brooch for maximum impact.
5. The Perfect Pair of Jeans- A dark (or darker wash) navy pair of jeans that fits like a glove (ideally stretchy) and looks stylish is one of the most versatile pieces you can invest in this Autumn. Navy is a universal colour that you can wear with pretty much anything!
6. Signature Outerwear- A signature piece of outerwear could be a trench coat, leather jacket or bomber jacket – a classic piece of outwear that fits with your current lifestyle and personal style.
7. Ankle Boots- Opt for a comfortable pair of dark brown ankle boots. They will always make your jeans look classy!
8. Classic Strappy Sandals- For those evening occasions, perfect with a dress, skirt or any kind of trousers including jeans.
9. A Multi Strand Necklace- It has just the right amount of ‘oomph’ to make your outfit stand out without looking over dressed.
10. A Coloured Handbag- Not black! A coloured handbag is perfect for autumn and will add colour and depth to any outfit, updating it from mediocre to stylish. Berry is an easy option.
If you are struggling to create a stylish mix and match wardrobe for autumn or winter (without relying on black) and would like some help, email me on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your Personal Stylist,
Numba Pinkerton xx